What To Expect
During your first appointment at Alaska Medical Specialties, you will meet
some of the outstanding integrative care specialists that will be part
of your care team, including your physician, nurse practitioners, licensed
therapists, nutritionist and other support staff.
Your first appointment is an excellent opportunity to ask questions. You
and your integrative care team will cover a lot of general information
about your diagnosis and what the next steps are going to be.
Integrative Medicine is evidence based and is not “exclusive”
of alternatives or conventional medical treatments, such as chemotherapy.
All factors that influence health are considered, including mind, spirit,
body and community.
Our integrative care team is committed to:
- A patient centered approach in providing your medical care.
- Patient and physician are partners in the healing process.
- Your providers meet several times weekly to collaborate regarding your care.
- The newest treatments and therapies are always considered in your care plan.
- Patient services are always available to address your family’s needs.
- Education regarding your condition and associated treatments.
- If we can’t take care of your specific need we will make the appropriate referral.
Your first appointment may include the following: General physical exam
(including height and weight), lab work, review of previous lab work,
x-rays, scans or any other diagnostic testing, overview of medical health,
family health and current condition.
We will also review your current medications and supplements, so please
bring a list of your medications and supplements or the actual containers.
For your first visit, please plan on spending one to two hours at our offices.