Your First Appointment
During your first appointment at Alaska Medical Specialties, you will meet
some of the outstanding specialists that will be part of your care team,
including your physician, nurse practitioners, licensed therapists, nurses
and other support staff.
Your first appointment is an excellent opportunity to ask questions. You
and your doctor will cover a lot of general information about your diagnosis
and what the next steps are going to be.
Your first appointment may include the following:
- General physical exam (including height and weight).
- Lab work and review of previous lab work
- X-rays, scans or any other diagnostic testing
- Overview of medical health, family health and current condition
- Overview of medications
There is no need to complete your registration forms in advance. At the
Alaska Medical Specialties we collect your intake and registration information
at the time of your first appointment.
On your initial visit, please bring the following information with you:
- Updated insurance card & photo ID
- List of allergies
- List of current medications (prescription or over-the-counter), including
name, dosage, frequency
- Related X-rays. Records from the referring physician.
For your first visit, please plan on spending one to two hours at our offices.
We look forward to seeing you at your first appointment.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns:
Alaska Medical Specialties
188 W. Northern Lights Blvd, Suite 800
Anchorage, AK 99503